Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Falling in Love

I haven't put much effort into blogging lately because I've been absolutely enamored with my children.

Crazy Person: What do you mean, Susan? Aren't you always enamored with your children?

Me: No, sometimes the little shits drive me bonkers. Isn't that the point of this blog?

Cecilia has been growing and learning and it's amazing to watch her become a little girl with her own thoughts, wishes, and wants. It's a really fun time in our house right now.



Things that make me fall madly in love with Cecilia over and over:

She intently watches me instead of the book when I'm reading to her. She's usually smiling and her big blue eyes are shining. The minute I take my eyes off the book to meet hers, she looks down like she's been watching the book the whole time.

Her pronounciation of "See Yoo Wader!"

She is thrilled to see me every morning and every single time I pick her up from daycare. She dances in circles and sings "Mommy, mommy, mommy" over and over. Makes my heart sing.

She makes an adorable face where she scrunches her nose up when she's trying to convince you to give her fruit snacks. The face is alarmingly successful at getting her what she wants. I need to work on that. 

She has to give a hug on both shoulders. I think it's some sort of European thing. She hugs on one side, and then leans over to the other shoulder and gives another hug. What can I say? The girl is sophisticated.

Her rendition of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" is killer. Future Ingrid Michaelson, perhaps? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...